Scores Keeper – FAQ – EN
- About permissions required by Keeper Scores
Like all Android applications, Scores Keeper request permissions to run. Here is the list and their use:
- Location: it is used to specify the city in the name of the tournament during its creation
- Internet: This lets you know the name of the city using GPS coordinates
- Contacts: This permission allows participants to easily create from your contacts list. Only the name and email of the contact are imported to facilitate the sharing of results.
- How to import participants ?
The import is done by opening your CSV file by placing it on your SD card and opening it with an application like GMail or file explorer. This file consists of three columns:
- participant’s name
- participant’s email (optional)
- a number identifying the icon of the participant (optional, from 0 to 27)
For example :
- How does the pro rata calculation of scores works ?
This calculation is made to avoid penalizing participants who have played fewer matches than others. For example, if two participants each won two matches, they’ll have the same score (6 points each). But if one has played 2 matches (he has won them all) and the other 3 matches (he has lost 1), the pro rata calculate the score like this:
Score = Initial Score / number of match played
Participant 1’s Score = 6 / 2 = 3
Participant 2’s Score = 6 / 3 = 2
Then, participant 1 will win because he won all his matches while the participant 2 will be because he has lost.
- I can’t share my tournament on Facebook !
Unfortunately, it’s a famous known bug with Android Facebook application 😦 . However, Scores Keeper creates an image of your results so you can share it. In addition, with recent Android versions, the results are copied to the clipboard so you can paste it into your publication if you wish. These solutions are not perfect but still allow to share your results.
- How can I share a tournament with my friends ?
In the tournament list, perform a long click on a tournament and click on Share Results. Then, select your sharing mode. It’s also possible to access this menu by clicking on Menu button in a tournament.
- How to create a championship and get an overall?
Everything is explained in the following tutorial by clicking this link.
- How do I send my tournament to another phone also with the application « Scores Keeper »?
Display a tournament and click on Menu and then Send tournament. Then select the method of delivery of this tournament. Usually the application will offer you a choice between Gmail and Bluetooth to send a CSV file containing all the tournament informations.
After receiving the file it will then suffice to open it to activate the import process of Score Keeper. It will be possible to change the name of the tournament and the activity before importing it.
Note that the transfer Bluetooth may not always execute the application score Keeper to perform the import, so I recommend using Gmail.